Thursday, September 19, 2013

This is turnaround day!


My incredibly delicious Haddock burger at the Celtic Interpretive Center


This piper was "banished" from the Interpretive Center Luncheon concert — I don't know why


B&B next to my lunch restaurant on Cabot Trail


A distant look at the soft crazy quilt carpet of color emerging in New Brunswick


Exterior landscaping at the Visitors' Center — Reminds me of Kathy's Berkeley  Rose Garden photograph



Views from my restaurant window on day of Cabot Trail drive


There's that  amazing red rock in use


The only other Rialta I've seen on the trip (At far end)


"Frank" working at the Visitors' Center for Nova Skotia

This must be very quick. I did the Cabot Trail yesterday. Beautiful and full of artisans. Lunch at the  Interpretive Center in Judique to hear some Celtic music and then on to Maine. Just want you to know that I'm happy, healthy and eager to begin the new part of the journey which includes going to Oberlin to visit Leah. Looking forward to that.

Must disconnect. Love to all.    Jackie

Much Later in the day:


On the way out  I stopped at the Interpretive Center for Celtic Music where they have a restaurant and groups play every day for lunch. I sat with a lovely young German woman and enjoyed her company very much. We each had the haddock burger which had been recommended to me at the Red Shoe the night before. I had it with Greek salad on the side and they were both delicious. A bit more substantive than my salads at the Senior Center. I'll have to be careful not to do that too often.

I stopped at the visitors' center on the way off the Cape and was so impressed with their knowledge and friendly service. Just like the one I had gone to in Amherst just as I was arriving in Nova Scotia.  I can't say enough nice things about them. It seems I hadn't looked at the map that carefully and realized that I would have to drive back to Amherst, then down through New Brunswick before crossing the line into Maine tomorrow. The man at the desk here says that will probably only take about three hours. We'll see.

They  (the visitors' center) had even checked with the Amherst center to see if it would be alright to stay overnight in their back parking lot and they said yes. How about that. Well, when I arrived in Amherst I saw a campground sign and decided to take that route so that I could catch up on my blog and email. I asked the man in the office if they had wifi and he said yes. Wouldn't you know that when I tried to hook up, the computer can't find the network even though the name of the park comes up clearly. I'll never understand the quirks and weird things that happen at these times. Just when you really, really want it. I had great, fast service on Cape Breton and I haven't changed a thing. Sooo? What goes? I may just have to walk Bobby, go to bed and sleep on the whole thing and see if I can  post this entry in the morning. It doesn't exactly please me when this happens. I was all set to really get my ducks in a row and pouf! No can do. Better let go, Jackie. These are someone else's gods who control this realm. Just let go. I've been putting off taking Bobby for a walk because the mosquitoes are thick as thieves out there. Can't put if off much longer if we want to sleep tonight. Isn't this fascinating though?  Well, it could be you if you were crazy enough to take off on a trip like this. These little rituals become important out of scale. Anyway, it definitely beats huge storms, sink holds and the like. I'll just keep talking either way just so you know I'm still here. Goodnight dear ones. I went away for a few minutes and, voila! Oh, those gods. Probably too many people using at the same time?  —  This actually posted about a half hour later and this morning (Friday) the whole system is up and running smoothly and it's FAST. So I can stop blaming my poor little computer and my questionable skills at using it for a while at least. Come back here soon. I'll post some pictures that I unloaded from my camera last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment