Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Good attitudes don't come cheap!


I'd hoped I could write and tell that all was fixed or could be. The VW dealership in Bangor is pretty impressive. The biggest and slickest shop I've ever seen. But the head man there says they are booked a week ahead and that even then any parts might have to come from California, Vancouver BC or even Germany. He said for me to either stay here but it might be weeks or try to limp home.

Ok, I am staying here at this sweet campground park placed on 30 stunning acres and owned by really lovely people who just took possession of it in June. I am driving to Burlington, Vermont tomorrow and West Point NY the next day. I should arrive at Oberlin to visit with Leah sometime Saturday.

I've been working on my attitude all afternoon. Had a lovely afternoon main meal at a nearby restaurant. A mango tea made with fresh chunks of mango, a large crab cake and a wonderful salad bar. 

These are all things to happy me up. But I've just been trying to take care of some important email and all of a sudden MCN Squirrel mail is saying ERROR and won't accept my name or password. I've only been using these two for over twenty years. So, I have to admit the current state of my attitude is slightly down the tubes. They have good, fast wifi here and their server warns you that they will cut back on your speed if you seem to be hogging the broad band. Could that be it? Can they influence MCN to do that to me or are these just gremlins testing me for all I'm worth?

I hope I got the most important letters out to Steve. Nancy and Karen, Dora, Gin, but not to Art or anybody else. I'll try again later. but if that doesn't work I'll just keep writing to you all in the blog and hoping things will change.

Good news: Bobby got to have another wild romp in this camp toward the back end. It is really a beautiful piece of property and such helpful people, I hope if any of you ever find yourselves in Bangor you come to the "Red Barn Campground." They've just bought it in June but they are working miracles toward creating a gorgeous spot for people to come and have a vacation. Bobby definitely agrees. They are even talking about building a  dog park within. They have an old hydrant to build it around. Bobby can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment