Wednesday, September 25, 2013

It's all about color




I bought some maple syrup at their office store

I'm amazed at how rapidly the leaves turn once they have started their dance. Just yesterday wasn't anything like today. Today is like New Brunswick with its crazy quilt carpet coming up out from between the conifers. Only a hundred times more so. I drove today from Bangor, through New Hampshire and had my late afternoon main meal in Gorham NH and then drove through to where I am camped out now in Vermont. I'm not sure I could have made it to here if it weren't for the maps and directions from Chris at the Red Barn where I stayed near Bangor. He helped me tremendously by keying them in and printing them for me. A million thanks, Chris.

 This is a very nice mountainous campground with lots of amenities I won't have time to enjoy. I am in a far back area with only one set of tent campers somewhat nearby. So I let Bobby have short little jaunts out into the wilderness. Not this late, though. Who knows what's out there now. They say lots of Moose. But I haven't seen one yet. Anyway Bob stays in 'til morning. It don't think I am more than about an hour outside of Burlington. The closest town to here is Danville. Does that mean anything to you, Karen? It must have been hard to move away from this lovely mountainous terrain with its riotous colors in the Fall season. I think I could live here very nicely only I'd have to be closer to the coast. Everywhere I've traveled in the northeast has had rivers, lakes and wetlands in spades though, if not coast as well. So glad I finally made it here to see for myself what I've heard talked about seemingly forever.

This little report is just to let you locate where I am and to tell you how beautiful today's ride has been. I'm oohing and awing every other moment when I see each new combination of colors. It's like pointillism  in extreme. Seurat would have gone nuts except that these colors and arrangements would probably have been a little too undisciplined for him. Seeing the layers of  a vibrant yellow or orange with a full chroma red or plum in front of it takes my breath away. Despite all my latch problems of late, I wouldn't have missed this trip for anything. I'll have images stored away in my head to last me forever. I should be able to post a few more pictures soon. Love to all,   Jackie

It's the next morning now and I'm just about to disconnect my hoses or I'll be charged for another day. This is a beautiful little golden leafed hollow. I hate to leave. Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment