Tuesday, September 10, 2013

All's well after a "dark and stormy night"

All's well, to quote several people. Just want to let my precious friends and children know. But I can't go further because I only have 45 minutes to pay my bill and disconnect my cords. (water and electricity) Then I'm off to Sault Ste Marie. and maybe Quebec City, though I doubt it, I need to do an early encampment to catch up on various things, including sleep.  Love to all. You know who you are.

xoxox Jackie Mom

I'm back.

Now I know these are just little matters in the ultimate scheme of things; people's lives being so fraught with serious matters these days. But it seems that in my small little life I have to create excitement if it doesn't come visit me directly.  I went to the office to pay up but couldn't rouse anyone. Went next door, asked other campers ......... to no avail. So I went back to my precious Rialta and disconnected her. Yes, I've decided she's a her. Well, one woman has told me twice to just drive away. There's just one little thing. That part about me making my own excitement. In my exhausted stupor last night I wrote a note to the "office" and told them my wanderer's tale and that I'd be back in the morning to make amends. That part sounds OK. The just one little thing is a stupid thing which, of course I'll never do again (in a long list). I wrote the note on the only piece of paper I could find in my purse ....a check deposit slip.  Don't bother saying it.

So being the stubborn person I am, I'm not driving away until she comes back. One hopeful note is that the lady with the drive away advice said she saw the office lady cross over from the office to her house earlier in the morning. I keep saying to myself, maybe her child (toys, bike in evidence)  had a doctor's appointment. That's a must do thing so she's excused. But I hope she shows up soon because I'd like to get going, first to Tim Horton's ( the national coffee place) and the on to Sous St. Marie.  But I want my deposit slip back and I'm not leaving.

The advice lady looks like she and her father? are leaving but she just keeps doing one more thing. I know how that is for sure. I'm sitting in the mauve room that I like so much and I keep seeing things that I should be doing too. Trouble is, I'm parked in front of the manager's house and not hooked up any longer to the electricity. Whoopee, I hear a car behind me stopping. Bingo. Talk later.

The manager is Renee and she's lovely. We had a very cordial visit and I'm glad I waited. I got my deposit slip back and I won't do that one again.  Off to SSM

No comments:

Post a Comment