Thursday, September 12, 2013

I took the detour — A piece of cake


I gathered these at Lake Huron before leaving to brave the detour

If I had only known I'd have gone yesterday. It led me through forests turning all shades of red, bronze and gold next to still vibrant green. Joseph Albers had it right when he said everything in color was about juxtaposition. The reds are even more striking when mixed with those gorgeous, multi-shade greens.

I'm in a Thai restaurant in Sudbury and planning another Walmart experience at the suggestion of these nice people. Who knows? Maybe the third time will be totally uneventful. I could handle that.

Bobby awaits me after a fairly long time of my eating and writing because I couldn't get any wifi this morning at the campground.

I learned that a young man was killed by driving into the sinkhole I was detouring. He was on a motorcycle. So sad. It certainly gives me pause after my wild ride from Sault Ste Marie and the ride the night before into Wawa. Every conscious moment alive is a gift and a miracle. I am grateful.

Love to you all,   Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment