Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Please Know How Much I Appreciate Your Encouragement and Good Wishes


Martha Fulton's baby, Curry

I can't tell you how much I appreciate all your loving good wishes. Martha, you are the most prolific good wisher I know. You too, Carla, Laine and Elaine, JP and many others.  I really thought this time had a chance. But it wasn't meant to be and, again, it is much better to have caught the latest fault in the transmission here in Oklahoma City than for me to have experienced it in the desert.

I was at the Aamco shop, bags in hand when they took the Rialta out for one more test run after receiving the new gear cable from VW Huston and installing it. That was before I reached the shop. About 15 minutes into the test run the computer started kicking up a fuss and announcing that something was wrong with 4th gear among other things. Ugh! They won't let me take it until it has an absolutely clean slate for which I am obviously grateful. They also said they were going to take a look at possibly fixing the door latches while I'm gone. I know they are as sad about it as I am. I am flying back to SFO tomorrow after hustling to get a ticket for myself and one for Bobby to go in cargo. We leave at 6:00 am. and have to be there at 4:00. Poor Anne is delivering me.  Aamco will have to fix what's wrong, store my vehicle in a secure place because they don't have room to store it at the shop and then wait for me to fly back and retrieve it.

These people have been so careful and conscientious,  but stuff happens. The acting manager, Doug, spent about an hour helping me get Bobby a reservation in United cargo and then in a completely different department, a ticket for me. He was incredibly helpful in a situation that was frustrating enough to make anyone cry. I didn't, but sure felt like it. Mike is going to meet me at SFO and drive me to Fort Bragg. That means taking one night off from his job so he has one very appreciative mother. I'll at least have two days to get ready for the gang that is arriving Sunday night for the Kumihimo Festival. Again, a thousand thanks to all who wrote and those who sent emails with so many good hopes, wishes and encouragement. I am grateful beyond belief.

Love to you all,   Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment