Tuesday, October 15, 2013

It's Just A Feeling


This bird at Anne's neighbor's
seems to hang out and observe everything 



Then he takes off for a while


Seems to me they're always smiling


We had a tasty brunch Sunday


Anne happily fed



One big grooming  project

Nobody knows better than I how this saga has drawn out to the point of wondering why I think it will ever change. Well, I just have a feeling. I was supposed to be on my way yesterday and then this morning for sure. But Robert from the Aamco shop called me this morning and informed me that while they were doing the test run prior to my going over there, the gear cable broke in two. That's about the last straw one would think. But both Anne and I have now decided that it was a good thing it happened on the test run here in Oklahoma City rather than between Amarillo and here or out in the desert of Arizona far from help. So, here I am, still all packed and ready to go. Robert talked with Mike this morning because Mike wanted to better understand what happened. At first Robert was defensive and thought Mike had called to criticize but he soon understood once Mike was able to get a word in edgewise.

So, back to my feeling. I took Bobby for a nice walk down to a lovely park with a stream wandering through it and when I came back I spent two hours reading Pinskey's wonderful anthology of poetry. My sense of depression started to fade away and a kind of conviction began to emerge. Robert ordered a new cable from VW in Huston and they promised that it would be here tomorrow at 8:00 am and that they would have the old one out and would be ready to install it the moment it arrived. He said I'd be on my way by 9:00.  Let's look at it this way. Either it will happen that way or it won't. I feel that it will for some reason, though recent experience should lead me to a different conclusion. If it doesn't arrive I get on the phone and reserve a ticket with United. One for me and one for Bobby. An expensive one for Bobby. More than twice what it cost to bring him up from Mexico.  ???????  I hope it doesn't happen that way but I'm resigned that it might. So, all of you who have checked in with me with your lovely supportive wishes — try just one more time, OK?

No comments:

Post a Comment