Friday, November 15, 2013

Keeping my promise!

Well, I did promise so many of you that I'd write when there was news regarding that poor little Rialta.

Art and I are now in Oklahoma City in hopes of picking up the vehicle and driving away along Route 66. That is still our hope, but a talk with the master rebuilder of German transmissions for Aamco in this area did not relay anything to foster my hopes of leaving soon. They are working on it at a different site now. Supposedly the new site is where the master was coming from each time he rebuilt the transmission in the last three weeks. I talked to a different man and he makes sense, but I'm transferring his number over to Steve since I wasn't able to adequately answer the questions Art put forth right after my talk with Aamco master. He talked of a possible hairline crack in one of the sealed compartments, causing fluid to decrease each time they took the re-installed unit out on the road. Even though it had performed beautifully each time they had it out on the bench, it would evidently leak somewhere and begin to make everything begin to heat up.  He is the first one to tell me that the worst case scenario involved moving on to a new rebuilt transmission and that in that case it would be ten days out. That, of course would involve my flying back home and then coming back by air one more time.

Is  this beginning to sound a bit like a nightmare? Yes. Simple as that. So, those of you who don't mind spending a bit more energy sending me your strongest "get well transmission vibes," please have a go at it one more time, OK?

We're having dinner with my Walmart parking lot karmic angel, Anne, tonight at the canal where the wonderful big bronze sculptures are, depicting the grand land grab in Oklahoma. They are in a project called Bricktown. See earlier blog for good pics of those works. They really are amazing. 

I'll try to keep holding a little hope for a positive resolution, but it's clear that it's not a sure bet. Art and I will explore Oklahoma City and have some fun out of it all and wait until late Monday for some news.

Love to all,   Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment