Friday, October 11, 2013

Never Over 'Til It's Over


Conner snuggling up to Mama


Look at those eyes


Is that adorable or what?

I've been busily planning on carrying out my departure from Oklahoma City tomorrow morning. Just an hour ago I received a call from Robert at Aamco telling me that two parts held them up and the putting back together is just finishing up. But, he says that getting it back in the Rialta is going to be more difficult than they had foreseen. Therefore, Monday most likely, or Tuesday  is what I am told will be the new ETA. Needless to say, this makes me nervous, sad, frustrated and anything else you want to insert. 

Poor Anne. She isn't home from work yet so doesn't know that she's going to have me two days more than she bargained for. And it looks like I might arrive home one day before the Kumihimo class begins. And I thought I had given myself two weeks wiggle room for this trip. So please join forces and send your most positive wishes and vibes this way for the next few days.

There's nothing to do but roll with it. Just please let that be the very end of the delays. I'm making calls to my credit card banks to pay my October bills by phone. So far so good in that department. I'm learning more than I ever wanted to know about doing things on the phone and on line. They say it's never too late to learn. I like learning as you all know. But some of this I could just as easily do without.

Had a great visit with Anne's handsome son who arrived at the door and was ever so careful not to frighten me by just walking in the house as I worked at the dining room table. Anne also had a short conversation on the phone after Mike called me this afternoon earlier. So our families are getting to know each other and I feel comfortable and as relaxed as possible in this lovely home away from home. 

Another thing that makes me feel so comfortable here is that this is a very dog friendly family and home. Bobby is feeling quite relaxed and began to give Anne's son the what for but soon stopped and began making his usual "let's make friends" moves before long. Anne has two adorable Irish wolfhounds. They are like small horses with huge, expressive eyes. I loved them from the get go. So picture me in a dog house of the best possible kind. And let's all send my gods and guardian angel the most positive messages and see where it takes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment