Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday, February 4, 2013 — Lost pictures found

Lolli enjoying the Mitla walls


Mitla walls

Mary and Archie enjoying the sun

Jean Pierre introducing Pam

Our guide holding fast to Yadin

Can't get enough of those patterns

Pam sharing a photo with father and daughter

Oh, those patterns

Standing by the columns at Mitla

View of plaza from Abuela Restaurant in Oaxaca City
Monday, February 4, 2013

Finally found the lost photos!

I was greatly saddened when I couldn't find the photos I had taken during the welcoming fiesta at the Mendoza compound. But last night it suddenly occurred to me that when my cameral was flashing "Battery Dead" I decided to ask Jacobo's daughter Sylvia if she could capture the images on my flash card. She did successfully and I was then able to transfer them to one of my trusty little memory sticks. So over the next few days I'll try to place some of them on my posts.

While our group was at Mitla I couldn't resist capturing a few shots of our self appointed guide who was totally smitten with Yadin. He simply couldn't let go of her. Yadin did a wonderful job of translating many of his comments much to the delight of all of us. She was gracious and totally unperturbed as he held fast to her arm whenever possible.

The scenes at Mitla are some of my very favorites of all the places we have visited. The rock patterns adorning the old buildings are the essence of today's contemporary tapestries and rugs.   It makes you feel the connection like a long time line that reaches from then to now. Definitely one of my favorite places.

Today I began my four weeks of Spanish classes. Fun to be back at the Institute and amazingly walked into my class to find my teacher from last year, Ita. What a delight. I felt right at home. It's growing late so I'll post a few pictures and continue tomorrow.   Muchas abrazos,  Jackie

1 comment:

  1. Looks wonderful Mom. I want to accompany you one of these days!

    ReplyDelete