Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday, February 8, 2013 — End of first week of classes

Roman Gutierrez plying feathers into his weft

The beautiful Teotitlan Market facility just before being occupied

Jacobo proudly showing their latest yellow dyes done the day before

Several of Abigail's gorgeous blouses

Samples by Jackie and Martha on display at Jacobo's and Maria Louisa's

Jackie's sampler just before cutting off

Checking out Abigail's heavenly wardrobe

A collection of Mendoza dye materials plus roving from Martha's Argentinian Llamas

One of the beautiful salads served to us by Maria Louisa and Sylvia

I have survived my first week of class and the school has decided to keep our class together at least for the next week. I've grown quite fond of my fellow classmates so that's fine with me. Tomorrow morning I'm catching a cab with several others from the class for a trip to St. Augustin. Eric Mindling has what is reputed to be a magnificent showing of old and contemporary ceramics at the museum there. The museum is quite new and I've been told its architecture is a wonder to behold. Can't wait to see it. There is also supposed to be a museum of paper making on the lower level of that building. The trick is evidently choosing the right day to be there when they are actually making paper I'll keep my fingers crossed. Should be a wonderful day.

In the picture department, I'm backing up a little to finish showing you a few more pics from Teotitlan del Valle before I move on. One is of sample weavings by Martha and me in which we explored several Zapotec motifs and techniques. Also some assorted pics from other places in town. Hope you enjoy them.   Abrazos,   Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment