Sunday, June 11, 2017

At WARP Conference in Oaxaca

Several days ago I completed an amazing tour to some remote areas in the state of  Veracruz. We spent one day in the city of Veracruz and then departed for visits to remote sites where exceptional weavers and embroiderers live. I don't have the names down right yet so I'll continue this post a little later.

We're in Oaxaca now at the WEAVE A REAL PEACE CONFERENCE  being held at the San Pablo Foundation and the Oaxaca Textile Museum. I am sorry to reveal that I experienced a sudden failing along with extreme pain of my right knee on Friday morning while crossing Calle Hildago to go to the San Pablo. Because it was a Friday and I was feeling worse by the hour, I agreed to go to a wonderful little hospital near my usual hotel in Oaxaca. Sue, the little hospital on Reforma that you went to came through again. A lovely young doctor did a fine job of looking into what was wrong with my knee. There is inflamation between two parts I won't venture to identify and he decided not to x-ray it because of my pacer and defibrillator. He deemed it not to be an emergency, just very painful but nothing broken. His orders were to stay off of it for at least six days and take anti-inflammatory pills and gel for the pain. I'm feeling ever so much better now but I'm being watched like a hawk and ordered to do practically nothing by my buddies. So, today they are all out on the streets of Oaxaca exploring the tiendas and museums and going to Los Danzantes for lunch. I was, of course, scheduled to be on that tour also, but I'm cooling my heels and deciding to deal with Google and the eccentricities of managing to get back into my blog. Obviously I've gained entry, but only after changing my password one more time.

This afternoon I'll try to transfer a few of the pictures I have from the Veracruz trip so I can share them with you. Hasta la tarde for now. Hugs to all and —Do come back later, OK?
Lolli on first afternoon in Veracruz

Weaving deonstration first night

Our guests first night
Wonderful dancers and musicians
Amazon fish luncheon after island visit








No comments:

Post a Comment