Friday, February 17, 2017

It never hurts to try!












I have spent the last hour trying to get access into my own blog. Sound familiar? Apologies to those who have been urging me to report in with news from Oaxaca. It's not always easy when you are dealing with machines that don't talk.

All that aside, Oaxaca is beautiful. Not 100% peaceful from time to time, but if you stay in the right places (and according to some, don't wear golden earrings)  you can have a very pleasant time.

I went to Los Danzantes for comida on Wednesday with my friends Carol and Mike. Couldn't have been more beautiful.  This has to be one of the most creative spots to eat in the world. Presentation is always a thrill and taste combinations very often a surprise. We started with a molded quinoa salad with micro sized cucumber added along with avocado and other goodies, all held together by a cucumber gel.

The entre was a kind of wrapped fish and octopus mixture with a scored pastry covering. Quite tasty and delicious as well as great to look at.

Dessert was a mango gelato sitting on a bed of goat cheese with scattered pieces of mango and strawberry chunks all topped by some kind of stiff and sweet goodie. It was delicious. Especially the combo of the mango and goat cheese.

So there you are, dear friends.  Who knows if they'll let me into this oh so private space again, but I promise you that I'll try. And you do know I'm a stubborn Taurus.

No comments:

Post a Comment