Sunday, February 15, 2015

Best breakfast ever!


Gorgeous salad


The amazing egg and eggplant dish


The welcoming owners of El Sol Y La Luna


Our gorgeous chef of the day


Good poster as you enter this five table little jewel


Carol, Mike and Brad, a happy, well fed group

I just returned from having the loveliest brunch I've ever eaten at a very small but classy "hole in the wall" (Carol's words) that is only two blocks south of Las Mariposas on Pino Suarez. Friends had a lamb burger that was to die for, cooked to absolute perfection. I had a special salad that wasn't on the menu. It featured gorgeous baby greens, small chev cheese balls, fresh beets, chopped jicama and violet colored pea blossoms with a light lemon dressing. I also had an egg dish and I can't remember what its name is. Several poached eggs cooked over a sauce with eggplant slices that had been grilled and placed over the sauce. I can't even begin to tell you how satisfying a dish it was. Actually I'm determined to TRY to recreate both of these dishes when I get home. I've already invited the chef, a beautiful young woman who works as a private chef for most of the year in Brooklyn to visit me on the north coast. Maybe we can convince her to cook for us while she's there. I'll post some photos I took this morning when I get them from my camera. Come back, please!

It's now the 18th and I went there again for dinner last night. Really good and unusual pizza and a great Greek salad.

I now have new photo card reader and am about to post the pics I promised. FINALLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment