Saturday, June 8, 2013

At last I have a clue!


The Arno, where we ate our last dinner in Florence

I'm so sorry you haven't heard from me before now. It's been a combination of my needing to be shown how to navigate this thing called IPad and there being a very shaky excuse for Internet access while we were in Venice. Don't get me wrong! I fell in love with Venice from the moment I arrived. In fact, you'll probably never hear me stop talking about Venice for who knows how long. But, as the days went by, I became more and more depressed that I couldn't make this little machine do ANYTHING for me. We are in Florence now and last night I was ready to throw in the towel. I stayed up until midnight trying everything I could think of to make something work but I couldn't get on the Internet and then when it looked like I finally did, I absolutely couldn't get onto Safari or Google. Even though I'm a stubborn Taurus, I finally had to call it quits because we had a 6:15 wake up call this morning to leave for our all day trip into Tuscany. I guess it made me feel a little better when I heard at breakfast that the system had been on overload last night and even most of the IPad pros couldn't log on.


So, dear ones, you finally know that I'm alive and having a grand time. it is bound to take a few days for me to get used to typing on this non-keyboard and to learn to navigate the blog tools as they are provided on the Ipad, but I have confidence now that I'll grow into it. I have to thank Teryl a million times for helping to get me over the hump after returning at 9:00 from a fabulous but exhausting day. She looked like she couldn't stay awake another minute when she finished helping me figure out how to get onto this site. Sleep well Teryl. I might even someday get to like this little device. Who knows?

I just tried to add a picture from a few I took with this thing in Venice and I failed. So we'll have to leave that until the near future. Love you all, and I promise to return.  Xox Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment