Monday, October 6, 2014

Home Is A Beautiful Place



Stellers Jay with Band tail friend



                                                                Home is not just for me

This was a joyful trip driving to Moscow, Idaho with Jean Pierre and Yael. We indulged in as many out of the way side trips as possible given our schedule constraints. I wouldn't have missed it for anything. Separating from them after our visit to Sarah Swett and her husband Dan was something my psyche took full notice of as I spent my first day driving away from that sweet university town with all the friendly people and weaverly friends.

But the leaving was necessary because I am hosting the Kumihimo Festival 2014 in my studio in just two weeks.

I'd like to return to some of the details along the way in a few days, but want now to make sure that everyone knows I am home and happy to be so. I arrived yesterday afternoon, just in time to attend a stunning jazz concert in Mendocino featuring John Gilmore and Friends.  Paul McCanlace played with them and I purchased one of his CDs. I thoroughly enjoyed hearing it this morning as I sat by my kitchen window and watched the Oregon Junko at my feeder just a few feet from the window.

As I said, I'm so happy I was able to follow JP and Yael to Moscow. But I'm also thrilled to return safely to my clearing in the forest. Those of us who love where we live are fortunate beyond words. I am one of those people and I give a huge thanks to those gods and godesses who ushered me back from Idaho through such amazing country and helped me to arrive here in time for good music and all in one piece. Come back for a bit more later this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment