Thursday, January 16, 2014

Time to catch up but not quite there yet










Our north coast Jennie always on the job


















Have patience, dear ones. I'm fine but the cold I developed  on the way down here still has a firm grip on me. And I'll have to admit, it slows me down. I'm spending  as much time as possible nearby, doing necessary bill catch-up where I can do it by phone or computer. Had a visit this morning from Laura de Alba  from Mexico City and wanted sincerely to join her and some cousins of hers on a trip to St. Augustine, Etla. But I didn't and it's a good thing. I had a short relapse in coughing plus, and I'd hate to think I might have given this to any of them. I'm still feeling pangs of guilt for attending the natural dye class while having this little bit of a plague. Tried very hard not to sneeze in front of anyone but sometimes you get caught without warning. So I'm crossing my fingers for everyone I was with in Teotitlan.

The dye class was first class and Eric Chavez really gave his all. I may be collecting more pics from it soon. At the time, my camera gave out and I thought I had fried it by using some Apple peripherals with my Nikon camera, but it turned out to be a faulty outlet in my room. All's back to normal with it now but the catch-up hasn't happened yet. (Pictures just added to this post)

Eric is now married to Elsa as I reported earlier. They are lovely together. And I'm posting a picture of a great moment we had last week while our class was working away. Nach, their lovely, incredibly silver miniature schnouser (sp) decided that a pile of our un-dyed yarn was the most attractive bed in the room and promptly took possession. It was silver threads among the gold.

That class ended Sunday and we had a great last mid-day supper at Norma's casita which is on the edge of town to the north. It was a joy to be in that precious house with those lovely people. All gave thanks to Norma Hawthorn, who organized this great class as well as the one four of us took the next day. Yes, Monday was cooking class day. It began with a morning visit to the market. That is always the most pleasurable place to be and having our teacher, the lovely Reyna, with us doubled the quality of the experience. And did we have a fine time cooking with Reyna. Norma arrived to eat lunch with us and we thanked her profusely again for both of the workshops. I hereby repeat that thanks with all my heart.

Pics to follow soon. I get  my chosen room 10 here tomorrow and the maids left a note on my door inviting me to organize my  belongings so that they can carry them across the courtyard to what they know is my favorite room. Life can be so sweet. I'll stop with that thought and hope that the Pacific Textile Arts board meeting went well this afternoon and that our several dilemmas are merely transitory. Goodnight all.

No comments:

Post a Comment